Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Bright Moment


 It's been awhile since I've said this....or much less even thought this....but for the first time I have found someone that I can see myself staying with for a long time.  I have so many mixed feelings, I just want to be around him, but I'm haunted by my past.  Will he cheat?  Will he have another life that I don't know about?  Can I trust him? My feelings of past betrayal cloud the present.

Bringing myself back to the moment--laughing, cooking together, taking long walks, having him reach up and kiss me....telling me that I'm amazing.....keeps me focused on what we have..... right now.

He has all that I have been looking for:  Well-spoken, social, sarcastic, playful, straight-forward, honest,  affectionate and genuine.  We are both about ideas and travel.....dreamers and idealists.

It feels good to feel again.  To find hope...and possibly.....love?

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up on yourself, don't give up on him. Don't give up on love and forever after.

    ReplyDelete