Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Looking Forward to Friday

Can it be really happening?  This Friday I will be receiving the finished samples to my swimsuit designs.  It's been a long process to get this far.  The sampling phase is a practice run for the production company before they go into doing a "run" or producing the suits in quantity.  It has taken me about three to four months to actually find a company in the United States that had advanced sewing techniques to be able to sew the underwire and bra cups into each piece. 

The next few steps will be both time consuming and nerve racking, but I'm determined to get through it and find myself on the other side, swimsuits in hand!  I'm planning/hoping for a soft launch to the public in July and for retailers this fall. 

I can't tell you how excited I am to see the commerically finished suits!  It's like having one of my paintings come to life!  I will post pictures of the samples soon.....

3 comments:

  1. So very excited to see the samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i told brian all about them. i think they're so perfect...I WILL OWN THAT BLACK AND WHITE ONE!! he was saying that if they don't sell, do what all these utah chicks are doing to bring in the cash...host a sensity party, tupperware, or sex toy get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see them and try them on! That French was designed just for me, right?

    ReplyDelete