Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Change of Energy

Sunlight peaks through the leafs of a tree as I gaze up into its branches.  I'm laying on my back watching the clouds lazily cruise by.  I'm enjoying this long summer day. It's perfect, all except my homework staring defiantly from the blanket where I had tossed the numerous books and notes.  I know I haven't made a dent in my looming research paper.  But I wanted to just sit still for a moment and not think, which is impossible for me.  My mind tends to wander.

As I'm laying on the blanket, a shadow casts over me and I look up to see a large man smiling a toothless grin down at me. I said hello and he said that he felt he should come over and tell me how beautiful I looked laying in the sun.  I said thank you politely and waited for him to leave.  But he didn't, he just stood there smiling, then he suddenly burst into prose, reciting poetry about my purple dress and gold handbag.  I must admit it was surprisingly clever. And as suddenly as the poetry began, it stopped and he quickly sat down on the blanket.  He was a strange and interesting person, wearing an old cowboy hat with black knit exercise clothes.  He saw me looking at his attire and he casually mentioned he wore it to practice karate in the park and when he went classic skating.

Then just like his poetry he loudly stated, "I need to change your energy to something positive."

I became nervous as to what this was going to entail.  I kept insisting that I was fine and thank you, but no thank you!  He didn't seem to hear my protest as he stood up and started clapping around my head, changing my energy.

He finished clapping and quickly sat down again.  He leaned in closer and whispered "God wanted me to come over here and give you a message.  He said "You have lost faith and hope in people. Don't lose hope." And with that he smiled, stood up, and quickly sprinted away, disappearing behind some pine trees.

For some reason his words lingered.

I might have still been in shock.  This strange little man with his strange ways. I have lost hope in people.

In loyalty.

I want to believe this strange, happy, little man.  I'm still searching.........

No comments:

Post a Comment