Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Make it a Blockbuster Night

Walking through Blockbuster looking for the latest entertaining movie I stumbled across a rare sighting. Luckily I had needed a mental break from myself, so I just so happened to be in the area.
I was walking the aisle and noticed a handsome gentleman (extra spicey hot) looking in the Action section. Action-yes! (In so many ways) Using my laser vision, I quickly assessed no wedding ring. Check. Hmmm...a possibility.
It's the reason I still believe in having an actual movie store and not a Redbox. The movie store is the perfect place to find other singles needing something to do on a Friday night.
Now was my time to shine! The planned approach: slowly move towards his section and come up with some charming movie question. Yes! That would work!
Making my way over....slowly....
slowly...slowly.
Dammit! Too slow! Oh no! He's moving to the front. He's at the register.
I missed my chance.
I walked to the attendant and asked her if he was indeed what I thought he was.
She nodded. "Yes. He is the only single man in North Ogden."
We stared at each other in silent understanding.
The other attendant walked over and said. "I already have him pegged, along with every other woman in North Ogden."
-Competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment