Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Words of Affirmation

I have made a decision. To wake up every morning and think positive thoughts and visualize my future. So, I had the rather brilliant idea(stolen from somewhere I'm sure)of putting up words of affirmation on my wall.

Coloring, cutting, and uniquely designing each word, so that all would be special and positive. As I gently taped up the last artistically crafted word on the wall, "breath", my mother came in and informed me that I had misspelled "breath" and that I needed an "e" at the end. I was quickly deflated, but not defeated. I was not going to let an "e" hold me back! I walked over to my paper and scribbled an "e" out and slapped it on the wall. There! Done at last! My life complete and off to a positive start.

Somewhere in the middle of the night all my tape came loose and my words of affirmation fell on top of me. Not a good sign. I will use push pins the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment