Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Sexcapades!

It's Autumn in New York City and I started to get the sense that it was also mating season.

I began to be enlightened as I was waiting on the sidewalk to meet a friend for lunch, an impeccably dressed businessman approached, grinning. He strolled passed and then paused and turned around as if he had something important to share with me.

"Hi!" He confidently stated, " You are my dream girl. I want to totally bend you over. If you would like to F*&$ please give me a call," and handed me his card. And with that he quickly turned and briskly walked away.

Speechless, I starred after him holding his card. Feeling offended, confused, and mortified. Was I wearing something provocative? No. I had a plaid shirt and jeans on. Strange. I also wondered if his approach ever worked?!

I chalked up the experience to a random event and decided to just meet my friend over at his apartment. As I was navigating my way, a few construction workers started to scream obscene things at me. Again, I was completely puzzled as to what would provoke such a reaction. I hadn't put on my pheromone perfume today? Hmmm?

My friend "Frank" was waiting outside and greeted me with a friendly smile. We hugged and patted backs. It had been awhile since we had seen each other and we had only met once. I used to date his best friend and we had met when his friend flew me to New York for a weekend. I sent "Frank" a text to let him know I would be in town and he offered to show me around and be my guide. Not knowing the city, I eagerly accepted.

We headed towards Broadway as he explained the lay out of Manhattan. He pointed to all the highlights as we tried to make our way through the hordes of people. It was fashion week, so many of them were towering women in spiked heels, with eccentric makeup, which all reminded me of what a modern day Geisha would look like.

We eventually made our way to Bryant Park, which is in the heart of the city. Trees lined the sidewalks and lush vegetation spilled over planters, as couples lounged in chairs reading newspapers and sipping drinks. We joined the midst of bodies, with our ice cold beers.

The conversation never seemed to wane as he had so much to tell me about living in the city, he also told me more about my past boyfriend and the long divorce he was still facing. We chatted until the sunlight started to fade and I remembered I was meeting another friend of a friend for dinner.

As he walked me back to my street, he suddenly grabbed me and pulled me into a dark secluded bar and started to kiss my neck. I laughed in surprise and at his spontaneity, but pulled away because he was still the friend of my last boyfriend. He assured me that no one would get hurt and that if we kept it all between us-his friend, and "Franks" wife would never find out.


What? His wife? "Frank" was married?

Nervously I laughed, trying to make light of the situation, while my mind flashed back to the memory of dating his friend, who told me he was divorced, but was actually still married as well. Not again.

"I need to head back to my apartment and meet some friends for dinner." I said, trying to make him believe my excuse to escape.

He casually threw out an idea "Why don't we head back to my apartment and you could give me a blow job." He smoothly stated.

"No." I firmly spouted. Quickly losing my sense of humor.

He again insisted and started to throw some sort of tantrum with his hands.

I waved goodbye and pratically ran away. He acted like his wife and sex were as meaningless and casual as getting a cup of coffee.

New York seems to be a place where every one's sexual lifestyle is open for public or private viewing. What's usually kept behind closed doors and in the bedroom seems to be out in the open morning, noon, and night in this city. The City that never sleeps.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens! People in New York are crazy! I don't think I would last a day there! I hope your still having fun out there though! Besides all the creepy perverts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many words going through my head after this... beginning with, "Really?" Dude, "Really?"

    Blow me away. maybe I will stay on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete