Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Impending Road Trip

Before every date I spend at least an hour primping.
Showering, shaving, blowing my hair out straight, makeup, and of course the perfect outfit. Then I'm ready to go!



I walk out the door and put on a show of perfection ( As I imagine). I smile and laugh at all his jokes, looking fabulous. I can only put on this charade for about two or so hours, more if required.



Then I go home, put the hair in a scrunchie, throw on my reindeer Christmas sweats, and pull out the ice cream in full force-the salad at dinner just didn't cut it.



My charade has proven effective because I've been dating a very nice gentleman for about a month now.


So far so good.


He's quiet (I'm loud) and takes me out to dinner (I like food). He's already met my friends and heard all about my crazy family. CRAZY. He thinks I'm beautiful.

He steady and secure, which entails owning a house and having a job. A rare combo.

So "Dan" asked me to go on a mini break to Yosemite Park this next week. My mind starts to race. A ten hour drive to California. How will I maintain my illusion of perfection. I'm sure I will fall asleep with a half eaten hamburger in my lap and my head will fall back and let out a few loud snorts as I sleep.

He will see everything.

All my quirky habits and feisty temper.

This road trip will be the true test. I had to initially clear that there would be no camping of any kind and assured no animal will eat me on this adventure.


Who knows he may leave my ass on Highway Whatever. Is it bad I don't know how to get to California?


I do know the general direction......


Time to stop panicking and start packing......yes.....a week in advance!

3 comments:

  1. Oh mi gosh, now really that is kewl... but, yikes I'm reading this like a week later... no update... are you hitching it back to Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, Hmmm, as far as "blow ass" goes, I know that's when Brian first fell in love with you....brat!

    Cele,

    I'm still alive and kicking...just slacking on the blogging. I was tickled that a few friends called concerned that I had disappeared-I felt loved! :)

    ReplyDelete