Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Monday, January 31, 2011

Stanley and Sundance


A thick layer of smog and dirt covered the sun and hadn't left for weeks. I was ready for change and some sunlight, so I got in the car and headed for Park City. Having lived in the area for awhile I knew it would be clear blue skies.

As I was making my way up the canyon I remembered it was Sundance and a swarm of people would be taking up every last parking space. But I had a few tricks up my sleeve, or ten dollars in my pocket for parking.

I was able to park right on Main Street and wondered up the street staring at the crowds of people. A few bodies were lurking in the alley ways, which I assume were paparazzi. I stopped and visited a few of my old haunts and gallery friends.
As I was walking out of one of the galleries, I almost pushed into "Ray Leotta", yeah...I have no idea who that is, and then almost immediately bumped into a child actor from some whale movie? I guess Tatem (Tater-tot) Channing was still inside the building. See, I'm not up on all my celebrities-I should watch more TV.

I asked a man standing in the alley who these people were and he Cooley informed me. Then I realized he was paparazzi and I had to ask him one question. Have you seen Stanley Tucci?!


He laughed and said, "You just missed him."

DAAAMMMIT!

I stormed off. Jumped back into my car. And drove down the hill back into the smog.
But at least I did get that slight ray of sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Okay even I think missing Stanley Tucci would be a total bummer.

    ReplyDelete