Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy

The simple things in life are often what brings us the most joy, or you have heard the saying "simple pleasures". I love the warmth of the sun on my skin. Hearing the ocean brush up against the sand as seagulls lazily drift in the breeze. I love color, candy-red high heels, things that sparkle, polka dots and the feel of satin fabric on my fingert tips. Why not live everyday surrounded with the people and the little things that make us happy? Last Friday I enjoyed swirling my red hair up in a twist in an almost avant-garde style, a slight peacock feather tucked into the side, blending with the motion of my hair. You only live once, why not tuck a feather on the side?

I've had some extra energy lately, so I reorganized my closet and put on display my favorite accessories. It's fun to get dressed and assemble new outfits. Something to look forward to everyday.

4 comments:

  1. this makes me jealous. if i were to pull out my favorite outfits and accessories it would consist of belly bands, gargantuan nursing bras, and mu-mus to fit my expanding gut/ass/thighs. def. should enjoy the color and style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rediscovery of what we already have to revel in life. very kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg-Your comment made me laugh. We are at different stages in our lives. I'm in the husband catching stage and you are in the baby making stage-both require different attire.

    Cele-Thanks for your thoughts. Always fun to share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous purse is the best companion.

    ReplyDelete