Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Anger is my Guide

It's amazing when part of your life comes together and the other parts falls into pieces.  Sometimes I feel like I have my fingers plugging all the holes in a dam.  My swimsuit business is coming together with a local retailer picking up the line for the spring, while my day to day job fell into pieces.  One of the owners went on a tirade not just about my facebook usage, but attacked me as a person.  I was shocked.  Then I went home and got angry.  Anger has become my friend.  It's motivating and works as a guide.  The next day I sat the boss down and we had a long talk.  It turns out there was nothing wrong with me or my performance, it was just an off day for him, which turned ugly.  But I was proud that I stood up for myself, without putting him down in return, and kept my integrity.

I'm just trying to be the best person I can be and why it may not be good enough for some people, it's good enough for me. And that's all that matters.

1 comment: