Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm Confused

Okay. I'm confused and I'm a little bit bitchy.  A nice combo.  I've been dating this guy "Jeff Goldblum" most of the summer.  I thought it was going well.  We went on picnics, he cooked dinner, we had great conversation.  Then his life turned busy with getting a second job to help pay for a few extra things for his son.  So his time became limited.  I understood and knew I would see him less. "Jeff" would still call and text.  The only catch is whenever I saw him, he seemed to be pulling away.  I would go to hold his hand and he would pull it away, simple, but noticeable signs.

This weekend he had me over and he cooked a delicious dinner.  We chatted and then the conversation grew serious when he mentioned that "This relationship mattered more to me than it did to him." That he wanted to "spend more time with his son and less time chasing women".  But I'm the only woman he is dating. I think. And I'm not high maintenance. I think. So I said "Let me understand, you don't like me and that I liked him more". "Jeff" said "No, I like you".  Ugh....all this "liking". Then he said "I just want to KNOW you".  Ouch. That we are now "just friends". Ouch. I wonder what I did to be moved into that category?  I think he just got scared and is afraid to let down any of his walls. Sad that so many people let fear run their lives. Missed opportunities because you are afraid of being hurt.

He just didn't like me that much.

It makes me feel like shit....confused....bitchy.  I just don't understand. Hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment