Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My new "Friend"

Okay. I have calmed down.  The dust has settled.  I do have my moments of melodrama.  It's my process. I totally freak out and then I take time to mull it over for awhile.  My recent "friend" is not trying to plot against me and single handedly trying to destroy my life.  So far his actions are ringing true to the "Let's just be friends" line.  He is taking the time to get to know me for me and not just based on my sex appeal (or lack of). He's been calling to genuinely ask how my day has gone.  At first I was still suspect with his chipper greeting of "How was your day", but now it's quite charming. My "friend" wants to help me create a Podcast about my dating stories. (I wonder if he knows what he's in for?)  I've never had a man take an interest and support my creativity.  And he's an awesome cook. Ha!

I have to give him credit by making me stop and think.  How well have I known the people I have dated?  I never took the time to take it slow and get to know the person.  It was a defense mechanism to keep from getting hurt.....from connecting. I think I'm out of the "crazy divorce" phase and I'm ready to get to know my "friend".

2 comments:

  1. I venture to think that the crazy divorce/thrown in to dating cycle is a good possibility for your distrust. God knows the whole things sucks. I've seen stuff like this go further... for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cele,

    Hello! Where have I been lately?! It seems school is keeping me busy and I found a boutique in Salt Lake to carry my suits, so Yay!

    I think I do have a large amount of distrust with the divorce. It has caused so much confusion. It's almost been two years and I still feel like I'm trying to sort through it and process still. Ahhh! Thanks for your support and words of wisdom. You have been through all this and have come out on the other side. :)

    -em

    ReplyDelete