Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another Painting I'm Working On....


Sometimes in life it's hard to find time to do everything you want to do, luckily I have been finding time to paint more. I took this picture of a little girl during my nephews birthday party. Her expression is priceless because she refused to smile for the camera but stood very still and shriveled up her nose and pouted. She did not want her picture taken because she had spilled food down the front of her shirt.

This painting with the brown is called the "under painting" and it provides me a map of where to put the color, so all my drawing is done, I just have to think about the color and that's it! I usually like to draw it all in and step away from it for awhile, just so I can look at the piece with fresh eyes and see if the proportions are correct. As you can see in this picture the legs are too small, so they need to be reworked.

I will post a picture when it's finished.....

1 comment:

  1. Watching an artist at work is mesmerizing. Every artist is different

    ReplyDelete