Julie & Julia, The Lovely Bones, and the Devil Wears Prada

Monday, November 1, 2010

Freddy Krueger Pays a Visit

Waiting in line, we could see our breath as we shivered in our skimpy costumes. (I guess my idea of a skimpy costume is not having a jacket.) Cresta, was a sexy cop in fishnet tights, Sean was little Red Riding Hood, and I was Satan. Or the devil, with a red tail pinned to my jeans and ears pinned in my red hair. My friends said I was the perfect devil, I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not?

We finally made it inside to see an array of dancing characters. The music pounded and lights flashed as we danced. It was hard to tell if you actually liked the guy you were dancing with because they were disguised so well. Others, no so well, in tight shorts and shirts off, supposedly trying to be a partially naked Rambo? You had to give them credit for being confident enough not to wear enough, if almost anything. Halloween is the only time you can validate going out of the house in hardly next to nothing. The people on the dance floor were taking full advantage of the opportunity.

I was dancing (badly) with my friends when Freddy Krueger came up from behind, I turned and came face to face with a large bloody mask and sweaty body. With a muffled voice he barked out that he wanted my number. It's hard to want to give someone your digits when they are dressed as a movie serial killer....not so much.

I did give my number to a cute New Yorker, dressed nicely in a button up shirt, a rarity in Utah, and glasses. He looked Jewish, but to my disappointment he wasn't, oh well. But then he started to crack terrible jokes. Apparently he is a gynecologist. Could I date a gynecologist with bad doctor jokes? I will have to ponder that one later.....

The night ended as we watched people getting arrested for public intoxication. Their drunken bodies getting tossed in the back of police cars like rag dolls.


Then I saw him....."Freddy" was being tossed in the back of a car, masked removed.

I sighed in relief, shivering in the cold and saying to myself, "Thank God I didn't give him my number."

1 comment:

  1. Oh so happy not to be single again, but I have to say you make it sound interesting and potentially fun.

    ReplyDelete